- Reduce uncertainty in formation evaluation
- Determine and confirm hydrocarbon shows
- Save time and costs
- Geological analysis, including lithology, petrography, calibration, and depositional environment
- Petrophysics analysis, including log calibration and saturation
- Reservoir engineering analysis, including basic core properties
Improve your reservoir analysis with proven percussion sidewall coring services from Baker Hughes. Our services help you acquire percussion cores with higher quality and precision than conventional coring methods, for improved hydrocarbon and lithology confirmation.
While conventional coring methods are used during the well-drilling operation, they cannot effectively acquire formation cores after the total depth is drilled and the basic openhole logs are complete. Percussion sidewall coring services like the Baker HughesSidewall Corgun (SWC) toolshoot hollow retrievable bullets into your borehole wall. The recovered cores provide an effective means for recovering a depth-specific sidewall formation sample that provides more detailed insights into the geological makeup and hydrocarbon saturation of your reservoir.
Contact us today to learn how our percussion sidewall coring services can bring greater clarity to your formation analysis.