- Eliminates risks of personnel working at height
- Removes multiple personnel from dangers of the well center
- Prevents pie degradation after makeup
- Remote operation away from the rig floor
- One-man tong operation
- Minimal marking and tungsten carbide gripping system
Maximize safe and productive rig time with the correct systems for your operation
Our casing and tubing running services are the right choice for efficient casing and tubular running. When you need expert handling of standard or exotic chrome tubulars—for any job-from the simplest to the most challenging—we havethe answer that reduces down time and costs, backed by 45 years of operating experience.
The field-proven, fully integratedChromeMaster™ integrated chrome-running systemenables handling and makeup of chrome tubulars from 2-3/8 in. to 14 in. (60.3 to 355.6 mm). The system offers a minimal marking and tungsten carbide gripping system, preventing pipe degradation after makeup.
For accurate torque measurement, theSalvo™ HD6 torque-turn monitoring systemmonitors, controls, and records every makeup, minimizing your costs by ensuring the correct torque application and immediately detecting faulty connections by monitoring and analyzing multiple parameters.
Our proprietary services are part of a complete suite of casing and tubing running services, including equipment designed specifically to reduce manual handling, personnel on board (POB), and remove personnel from the Red Zone.
- TheDerrickman™ casing alignment tooleliminates the risks of personnel working at height with a hydraulically powered stabbing arm and the stabberlessT-CAT™ casing alignment tool, operated remotely from the rig floor.
- OurLeadhand™ tong manipulating systemmoves the hydraulically powered tong to and from the well centerline mechanically, without the need for manual handling. The system facilitates a one-man tong operation, removing multiple personnel from the dangers of the well center.
Hydraulically powered casing and tubing tongs
We have the most comprehensive and robust suite of casing and tubing tongs available. These tong systems are complimented by self-contained hydraulic power units in a variety of diesel and electric configurations. We are able to provide zone-rated units for operation in hazardous areas, custom built, and certified to the highest industry standards.
Our tong systems cover a wide range of sizes and torque capacities from small tubing through large-diameter casing. Integrated hydraulic backups maximize safety, accuracy, and efficiency. All of our power tongs are compatible with ourSalvo torque-turn monitoring systemfor control and accuracy of makeup.